Gucci Mane Changes His Name to “Guwop”… For 10 Minutes
In what must have been the shortest-lived publicity stunt of all time, Gucci Mane officially changed his name today and then, almost immediately, changed his mind. Yes, after eight years, he took to Twitter to “retir[e] the great GucciMane” and became “Guwop” or “Wop” earlier today.
Then, after several minutes of outrage from his followers, he completely revoked the statement. It’s worth noting, though, that the name-change announcement had almost twice as many favorites and retweets as the revocation. See exactly what he had to say below, dream of the alternate universe that could have been and look out for Trap House 3 and Juug House on July 2.
- Gucci Mane Reportedly Changing His Name to Guwop (tietailor.wordpress.com)
- Gucci Mane Was Officially Changing His Name, Then Changed His Mind (hiphopwired.com)
- Gucci Mane Changes His Name, Then Changes His Mind (rapfix.mtv.com)
- Listen To Gucci Mane f/ 2 Chainz “Dirty Cup” (wild941.cbslocal.com)
- BLOG: Selena Gomez “Messed Around” With Gucci Mane On Spring Breakers Set (gossipcop.com)